Monday, January 16, 2012

GC Hardwick Reflects on their Fall Term 2011!

Global Campus has been an inspiration in my life. I’ve been coming for five years now and it’s been great. I met a lot of friends. I really enjoy coming to Global Campus and hanging out with all my peers and the staff. I would recommend anyone to come to our Global Campus and learn about our classes. I learned all about the Presidents and the world, which I thought was very interesting. I thought John did a great job teaching that class. I would like to take the time to thank the staff for their hard work, including myself as the activities coordinator. – James, GC Hardwick Participant

I have been coming to Global Campus for a very long time. I am a really nice person. Global Campus is a lot of fun. I had a class on Minute to Win It. It is a TV show and I got some ideas from the show on the computer. It is nice to see different people come to Global Campus. There are about twenty-four people from Global Campus Hardwick. – Amanda, GC Hardwick Participant

As a support worker, I really enjoy Global Campus. It is a wonderful group of people who support and encourage each other. They teach classes that are fun and interesting. They are kind and welcoming to new participants and visitors. I love how teaching builds confidence and learning keeps us young, active and happy. We get out in the community and donated turkeys to the food shelf. These interactions help to get us thinking about our role in the community and how we interact and share ideas. – Dominie, CIS

What I bring to my Global Campus is my smile and my cheery face. I did a lot of classes, like table manners, and also a CPR class this year. I also wrote to the soldiers who were overseas and far away from their families. I did a class about journal writing and about your feelings and what you feel inside. What I like the best is having friends in the Global Campus. I met Olivia and Amanda in our Global Campus for the fist time – Diane, GC Hardwick Participant.

I am Debbie. I like to come to the Global Campus. I like everyone here at Global Campus. Debbie likes all the classes all the time. Debbie had a nice class on the Hardwick Food Pantry this year. Debbie knows a lot about the food pantry. – Debbie, GC Hardwick Participant

Global Campus Hardwick has spent a lot of their term focused on the community and learning more about their surrounding towns. I was very impressed by their curiosity and genuine interest in the culture around them. The group invited community members into their campus, hosting guest speakers from local businesses and organizations such as the Buffalo Mountain Food Coop and Craftsbury Library. This community interest has added a new dimension to the campus and I’m excited to see what else will come from the campus’ increased community involvement. – Amy, Academic Coordinator.

2 comments:

  1. That day was very fun and nice picture's of all of us. amandadaniels

    ReplyDelete
  2. that day was very fun. from amanda daniels

    ReplyDelete