Monday, January 16, 2012

GC St. Johnsbury Shares About Fall Term 2011!

All the classes are great and fun. I like the Rocker Chicks class. That was cool. The music class with Phil and Neal taught me a lot, too. I learn a lot of stuff and enjoy all the classes. I hope I can get my class done about animation.
– Shawn, GC St. Johnsbury

I like the comic club because you can make stories and draw. Yu-Gi-Oh club on Thursdays was great because I am interested in that and I like to play. I made friends and have more things to do. – Chris, GC St. Johnsbury

I like my cooking class this last year and baking class too. I like the Co-op last year. I like heath food at the Co-op to make heath foods at the Co-op. My class went very good last year. I’d like to cook and bake again this year. I like to make the waffle again with apples with wrap for my class again.
– Marshall, GC St. Johnsbury Participant

I like the music class because we share music and have instruments like harmonicas and tambourines. At holiday time we did holiday songs. – Tiffany, GC St. Johnsbury

Phil and Neal do a Global Campus Music Class every week. We take turns singing, doing group songs, learning new songs. We march with our harmonicas. Sometimes we bring CDs and talk about our favorite songs. It is amazing – some people that used to be very shy have learned to perform in front of others. We are grateful to the Unitarian Church for letting us use their space. Everyone is welcome – no previous experience needed! – Phil, GC St. J Participant, Neal, GC St. J Participant, Paul, CIS

We have a music class that meets every Wednesday at 10:00. We share CDs and we sing old folk songs. Sometimes we dance. Adam has been playing percussion on the cowbell (he’s very good). Marc is participating in harmonica playing with the harmonica group. The group is fast growing. Paul plays the piano for us and teaches us new songs and helps Phil and Neal with the class.

Adam is new to Global Campus and started a weekly Card Playing class. Marc started a craft group and he organizes the classes, sets up and helps make crafts. Marc was one of the founders of the Hardwick Global Campus. – Marc, GC St. Johnsbury Participant, Adam, GC St. Johnsbury Participant

I thought the classes were pretty good this term because there was interesting information about the impact of the Fairbanks brothers and their museum, and also the animal class. I researched all the information about the pavilion and the exercise class. I thought it was very important to stay healthy and to look at nutrition in a good way. It is good to get your heart pumping and to keep your muscles in shape. Healthy eating to watch your diet and eating the right kind of food from the food pyramid is good. – Beth, GC St. Johnsbury Participant

I really liked the class on Bones. I learned about science and evidence and crime. We did a packet on the show of bones, who the characters are, what they do in the TV series. We watched episode six and I really enjoyed it. Bones is about two detectives who are investigators who search for science, evidence and crime. They have a lab where they go to figure out who is the criminal.
- Ashley, GC St. Johnsbury Participant

I enjoyed the Bones Class. I liked seeing how they dissected them. It was interesting how they took the bones apart. Rosie taught the class and she did a great job! I also liked the film editing class taught by Scott. He taught us how to make movies. I liked taking the movie camera home with me. I made a short film about family because they are important to me. I also taught a class on how to make apple cider. IT was a good class because I helped to teach others. People asked me what kind of apples we used and I told them about the different kinds. Everyone got to taste the cider and they thought it was good. – Josiah, GC St. Johnsbury Participant

I like the different classes that are offered plus teaching classes myself. I have taught four classes in the past two years and each class has gotten better and better. Everyone gives me new ideas on things that can be added to what I teach. So not only am I teaching but I am learning from the whole group. –Josh, GC St. Johnsbury Participant.

I liked the class on Sharilyn and how she was born with a disability. It was very interesting and it taught me to know her more. I liked my boyfriend’s class on Apple Cider and how it was made. I also took a class on Star Wars and a class on learning how to speak Spanish. I enjoyed it all. Global Campus is a place where I learn about different things. - Rosie, GC St. Johnsbury Participant

What I have really learned last fall, 2011 from Global Campus is the movie I made, called, “Myself.” It has to do with me and why I was born with a disability and am a disabled woman. I like to brag about my CIS worker because she has been there for me. I have learned a lot about the camcorders and how to produce my voice in my movie. I learned what I want in my movie and how to edit it and the pictures. It was really hard work but it was worth it. I would love to teach a class about how I was born and how I have very good common sense because I know I am doing the right thing. My mom taught me a lot more than I ever imagined! - Sharilyn, GC St. Johnsbury Participant

People come to take classes and we sometimes go on field trips to close places. We started with a small number of people in St. J and we had the campus meeting for nine or ten people. And it’s really neat that we have grown to forty people now. Jim and Sherry come back from Thailand and bring movies to different campuses. – Michelle, GC St Johnsbury Participant

No comments:

Post a Comment